Sunday 24 March 2013

Style that sweater


Somehow I managed to score a pair of sweet looking, old school athletics sweaters off eBay (don't you love that). They're branded Country Road, I don't know exactly how old they are but they look old & cool and fit perfectly alongside the rest of the gear in my little guy's wardrobe.
 
For this shoot I put them together with a grey, 'Seed' cap (backward. Obvs) and 'Alphabet Soup's' Sunfade Shorts.  The hat didn't really last (usually doesn't) and nor did his kicks but that's ok, he's cute enough to pull off the look minus its accessories. 

That's the beauty of styling bubs, you'll usually get the shot regardless of what happens to the outfit. I mean, there's nothing more gorgeous than a kid who can work it in a styled up kit, right? But in saying that, a bare baby butt is almost as adorable.

 I have absolutely no problem with my kids removing every item of clothing i'd initially dressed them in, as long as I was able to excecute my vision to begin with.  If they choose to ditch it all then so be it. Comfort is KEY and I think every mum will agree (nothing worse than an awkward looking child in a stiff, overstyled outfit). 
 
No more ranting. I want to offer you a style tip. I'm no Rachael Zoe, obviously, but here's some advice:
high socks make a HUGE difference

Do it.  Go buy a bunch of socks in all different colours and patterns, put them with a pair of plain sneakers and a cute get up..
 
Oh and winter's around the corner - that's your excuse to sock it up! Not because I told you to (what would I know) but because winter's almost here and that calls for warm, high, socks. Trust me, they take kids with swag to whole new heights.

BOY'S GOT SWAGGER

 
 
Photographer: Sami Lorking-Tanner


2 comments: